Sunday, July 24, 2005

 
EPHESIANS 1:11

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will...."

In our worship service this morning, there was an occasion for people to vocalize their thanksgivings to the Lord. As I thought about the many things for which I am thankful (God's grace, my family, church, etc.), it occurred to me to thank God for the dangerously exciting times in which I/we live. Think about it: none of us had any choice in determining who our parents would be or even where or when we would be born. It was God's will that we would live at this time in history (Acts 17:26). Moreover, Ephesians 1:11 says God works out everything in conformity to the purpose of His will. Everything means everything! God has a plan for this world and He will carry it out.

As I write these things, I can't help but wonder if too many of us (myself included) have been looking at God through the wrong end of the telescope for far too long. Our thoughts about God have been too small. It is time to turn the telescope around and magnify God! He is a great, omnipotent God whose plans will come to pass because He is working out everything in conformity with the purpose ofHis will. And this great God (the only God, I would add) is exceedingly worthy of our praise and worship!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
1800Flowers.com