Friday, July 29, 2005

 
JOHN 15:5

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

I have been camping out in John 15 lately, reflecting on the words of Jesus to remain in Him (John 15:5). Similarly, I am reminded of the apostle Paul's frequent use of the phrase "in Christ" to describe the Christian's union with the Lord. What a wonderful truth! We are in Christ and Christ is in us. How important it is that we nurture our relationship with Him. He has already done His part. Our part is to abide and grow in intimacy with our Lord. Even as I say that, I think of a statement from Oswald Sanders. In one his books, he makes the statement that Christians are, at any given moment, as close to the Lord as they choose to be. What a powerful statement. And what a privilege and responsibility we have to abide in the Lord Jesus and to draw our life from Him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
1800Flowers.com