Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 
RUBBERBAND MAN
During a recent Sunday school class, our teacher emphasized Philippians 2:14: "Do everything without complaining or arguing"
She then passed out rubber bands and asked class members to put them on their wrist. She also instructed us to move the rubber band to the oppostie wrist whenever we complained during the week! The point was to take seriously the scriptural injunction about not complaining.
Of course one could go even further with the rubber bands: every time we complain, we could add a new rubber band to our wrist--in which case, many of us would have our arms covered by week's end. Ouch!

Comments:
Thanks for the story DQ. I might use this for my Children's Sermon this Sunday.
 
I'm glad you found it helpful. I'd like to hear how the children's sermon went.
 
Went well DQ. The kids seemed to like the idea and I gave them all Rubberbands to try it for themselves. One of the parents though was concerned about me giving her child rubber bands.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
1800Flowers.com